About the RWWC
Republican Women of Williamson County are a group of like-minded conservative women who get together to discuss issues, volunteer for candidates, and help our community where we can. Our goal is to educate the women and men of Williamson county about the state of our country and its leadership. We have members of all ages which give us an array of ideas and views.
The RWWC prides itself on bringing the best speakers and programs to educate our base.
On March 15, 1968, with just 17 members, the Republican Women of Williamson County (RWWC) was created. The Club is chartered by the Tennessee Federation of Republican Women (TFRW) and the National Federation of Republican Women (NFRW).
Among the activities undertaken by the politically active club in Williamson County are:
- political issues focused monthly meetings to educate and inform members
- campaign assistance to Republican candidates in partisan elections
- sponsoring projects to promote patriotism
- encouraging and grooming RWWC members to aspire to leadership roles and run for elected office
- tracking legislation at all levels of government and encouraging members’ advocacy roles on issues
- holding voter registration drives
- recognizing and encouraging patronage of Republican women in business
- promoting members’ achievements in community service outside the political arena through Caring for America initiatives
The RWWC publishes a monthly newsletter to keep members apprised of local activities as well as issues of state and national importance.
Along with its political education and volunteer activities, the RWWC has made regular contributions to libraries in the county, collected food for needy families, (for distribution through Graceworks Ministries, Inc.,) adopted nursing homes to assist in filling the needs of patients, and provided clothing, food and other needs for families of soldiers serving in the military.
To help raise money for its volunteer activities, an annual Silent Auction is held in the fall.
More than a decade ago, the RWWC launched the annual Elé Awards to recognize accomplishments of RWWC members and fellow Republicans county wide.
As Republican women, we will strive to increase the effectiveness of women in the cause of good government through political participation at all levels and to do so by fostering loyalty to the Republican Party and to promote its ideals. We will also encourage and promote an informed electorate through political education.
As Republican women, we will vigorously work for the election of the Republican Party’s nominees.
Click a button below to view the respective document.